We're here to build on an Incredible Legacy!
We'll do that by building a new performing arts centre for the Gros Morne Theatre Festival in the community of Cow Head. A well resourced centre that ensures that the only limiting factors are the energy and vision of the talent that come to work there.
THE CURRENT SITUATION
The Gros Morne Theatre Festival currently uses two venues for performances in Cow Head, both leased for a nominal fee from the owner of the nearby Shallow Bay Motel and Cabins. Of the two venues, one is desperately in need of upgrades; the second (a conference room) is not a suitable theatre venue. In both cases, seating for 92-98 means many patrons are turned away. Beyond theatre space, TNL needs improved production and rehearsal facilities, and accommodations for artists and staff.
SO HERE'S WHAT YOU'D BE CONTRIBUTING TO:
- A better space for a quality theatre experience.
- A great exchange of stories the world over.
- Facilitation of inspirational learning and idea exchanges
- Opportunities for youth to develop and sharpen their skills.
- Long-term cultural infrastructure in the region.
- More employment in the arts and related work.
- The sustainability of rural communities who show creativity.